Stock Up and Save Everything for Baby at Walmart.com!

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A New Chapter

On May 12, I entered into a new chapter in my life. On that day, my gorgeous baby daughter, Darija, was born.

Happy Birthday!


Weighing in at a healthy 8lbs 1oz and stretching a whopping 20 inches long, she arrived healthy and squalling. Mercifully, my labor was relatively short, for while my water had broken early on the 11th, my labor wasn't starting and I was not looking forward to the prospect of an induction. A friend of mine had an induction when she gave birth years ago, and the force of the pitocin-induced contractions caused her uterus to come just about unglued from her body. Fortunately, the staff at the hospital had me walk around for about an hour or so, which was enough to get the contractions started, but not really doing anything. So, the doctor had me boosted with pitocin, and after about 5 hours in labor, out she came. I did not get the epidural, despite being on the fence about it the entire time I was in labor. Looking back on it, I'm glad I didn't either. It would have screwed up my labor.

Snoozing in Mommy's lap


Thus, my first step into parenthood. It hasn't been entirely smooth. Aside from the usual stuff of getting used to breastfeeding, diaper changes, and not sleeping through the night, we've had to deal with a jealous/pissed off former acquaintance who contacted CPS on us in an attempt to disrupt our new lives as parents. Thankfully, CPS came and found nothing to substantiate the ridiculous claims that the informer gave them, but it was an incredibly nerve-racking time as bureaucrats can make your life a living hell, just cuz they can.

But with that nasty little trial out of the way, life has returned to normal. Our pediatrician is absolutely thrilled everytime he sees Darija for her regularly scheduled appointments as he sees how much she is growing and developing. At 2 months old, she is about 23 inches long and weighs about 13 pounds. She has a hearty appetite and feeds fairly frequently. Darija loves to play with us and is beginning to recognize facial expressions. She can also ooch, grab at things like Daddy's fingers and Mommy's hair, and occasionally roll over too.

Tummy time!


And Darija is very well loved by our friends and acquaintances in the community. Everytime we go to church, fellow parishioners ooh and ahh over her.

I love being a mommy

Mommyhood


No comments:

Post a Comment