Stock Up and Save Everything for Baby at Walmart.com!
e.l.f. cosmetics

Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Short Review of Beer: Redd's Apple Ale

Hello again, dear readers.

The website I found this pic on calls Redd's "a golden ale with hints of apple"


After a brief warm snap, the weather is starting to get cold again. While my husband experiments with various rum concoctions for hot toddies, I decided to crack open a Redd's Apple Ale beer after my husband tried to use it for a toddy but it didn't work as well as he'd intended it to.

While I was pleased to see that the top twists off as opposed to a traditional pop-top bottle, I was surprised by how watery the cider tasted. It was definitely not as sour as some of the other apple beers I've tasted, but it wasn't as sweet either; just neutral with an ever so slight hit of sour. Of all the apple ciders I've tried so far, Redd's tastes the most like apple juice (not a good apple juice, though). I was really surprised by how watery this brew is, but it could be because it's brewed like ale beer and not like typical apple cider.

At 5% alcohol by volume, it won't get you buzzed right away, but I can see somebody getting trashed after having a few of these in a short period of time. That being said, I have seen an 8% ABV brew of Redd's, which I will sample when I have the money to buy some.

Of note-Redd's also makes brews of other fruits, like green apple ale, strawberry ale and mango ale. I will be trying and reviewing these other varieties of fruity beer when I have the funds.

As for what sorts of foods pair well with Redd's, I'd say pork, barbecue and anything with onions. It's pretty neutral, so I don't expect the flavor of the ale to mess with your dish too much.

I guess my overall impression of Redd's Apple Ale is kinda blah. I wasn't especially impressed by it because I didn't like how watery it tasted. I don't think I will be buying this particular brew again.

For more information about Redd's Apple Ale, check out the brewery's website.

As always, please drink responsibly.

Thank you for reading this post and please don't forget to share, comment, and subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment