Stock Up and Save Everything for Baby at Walmart.com!
e.l.f. cosmetics

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Feast of the Assumption

Happy Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary everyone!

Mary ascending into Heaven at the end of her Earthly life (pic found here)


Hope you all remembered to go to church, and if possible, brought herbs for your priest to bless.

That particular custom is one that I've only recently learned about. Apparently, bringing herbs (both for culinary and medicinal use) was a tradition that only fell out of favor with the advent of the Second Vatican Council in 1962. I might never have known about the herb blessing, had it not been mentioned in the emailed bulletin of the local Latin Mass church here in town that my husband and I attend every other week or so. The things you learn!

I brought my Mother's Milk tea to be blessed, and my husband brought a big fistful of basil from the garden. It made the car smell good on our way up there.

Enjoy your Sunday, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment