Stock Up and Save Everything for Baby at Walmart.com!
e.l.f. cosmetics

Saturday, September 12, 2015

A Short Review of Beer: Stella Artois

Unfortunately, the freezer was too packed for me to frost my favorite beer mug. So, I drank it out of the bottle instead! Pic found here


A few weeks back, I purchased a six-pack of Stella Artois to sample after a former boss named it as her favorite beer and recommended it. I've been slowly consuming it in between fill-ups of my growler, and now it's time for a review.

Stella Artois is a light, lager brew from Belgian brewery that's been in operation since 1366, according to the company's website and the little history blurb on its bottles. It's certainly one of the more storied import beers I've tried.

Its beautiful golden color is evident even through the green-colored bottles containing it. The head is nice and bubbly, but not too dense. I was not terribly impressed with the taste of it, though. It's smooth going down, but I thought it was too light and watery. I'm sure there are subtleties in taste or texture that I'm too new to detect which make it palatable, but overall, it just wasn't my type of beer. And at 5% alcohol by volume, I didn't even get a buzz. Guess my hard-stuff foundation has resulted in dull tastebuds and a high tolerance.

For starters, I suppose it'd be alright. Bland, mild-tasting brews like this are a good introduction to beer drinking because they're not terribly bitter and low enough in alcohol so that you don't get fucked up; also, a step up from the commercial American swill. Like most lagers, Stella Artois goes well with meat dishes (chicken or pork seem to work well in particular), but it's not much of an all-purpose beer.

That being said, I have seen that Stella Artois also makes an apple beer called "Cidre". I will give that one a try and review it once fall comes and apple beer become more appealing (and cheaper!).

For more of Stella Artois, check out their website.

As always, please enjoy responsibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment