Stock Up and Save Everything for Baby at Walmart.com!
e.l.f. cosmetics

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Pablum Pootums

Happy Sunday, dear readers!

Yesterday, the baby had another feeding of oatmeal pablum! After her first taste of the stuff this week, we took a few extra precautions this time around so as to keep the mess as minimal as possible.

YOU MONSTERS! HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME WEAR A BIB!


I suggested adulterating one of the baby bottles I'd received in a baby care package from a friend before I gave birth to specifically be a pablum bottle. These are a fairly common way of feeding the mushy cereals mixed with breastmilk or formula to babies. However, my daughter absolutely hated the baby bottle and refused to drink her milk from it (she didn't like the hard rubber nipple) when she was still within the first few weeks of life. Now that she's older, I figured we could reintroduce her to the bottle again but for mushy pablum instead of pumped milk. This was mostly for the purpose of keeping the meal mess minimal.

Daddy feeding the baby her pablum bottle


My husband did make a bigger hole in the nipple for the pablum, but she didn't care much for the nipple. So, out came the spoon.

She likes the spoon better

I love being messy!



After enough mess, we tried the bottle again, and this time she took it and consumed most of the pablum. What little was left, I ate so as not to waste it.

Of course, it did not take long for this pablum-induced food coma to set in.

Zzzzzzz


Ah, the joys of parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment