Stock Up and Save Everything for Baby at Walmart.com!
e.l.f. cosmetics

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Bottle Blues

Happy Saturday, dear readers! I hope your weekend is going well.

In light of the baby's cold, I've been trying to get her to drink from a bottle. From birth, she has been breastfed, and I was fine with that. Now that we're introducing her to solid foods, I want her to be able to start drinking liquids other than my milk. I've been trying to get her to drink apple juice since it's high in Vitamin C. She knows and understands what food is just fine, but drinking something other than milk is a totally new endeavor for her.

Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time trying to get my baby to drink from her bottle! When she was a newborn, I tried pumping and bottle feeding for night feeds, but the baby absolutely refused to take the bottle. She would fight like hell whenever my husband or I gave her the bottle, but when she did drink from it, she would guzzle my milk and choke. Eventually, we gave up and went back to just the breast. It was a sanity saver.

Fuck the bottle! Titty or nothing, mommy!


Now that she's older, I wanted to give bottle feeding another go. This time around, the baby chews on the nipple but doesn't really drink from the bottle. She'll play around with it, but ultimately pushes it away and pitches a fit whenever I try and bring it closer to her. The baby has no problem sucking on fingers or her pacifier, but the nipple of a bottle is EEEVILLL!

Needless to say, this is getting to be a bit frustrating. I want her to be acclimated to a bottle so that if I have to leave her in the care of my husband for a bit, he'll be able to ensure she is well hydrated and fed. I can't be the only parent out there who is having a hell of a time trying to get their kid to take a bottle. Keep in mind that I'm not cutting out breastfeeding from my daughter's feeding regimen at all. Just like food, I want to introduce her to other liquids until she is ready to wean.

#goal. Pic found here


For better or worse, parenting is a game of compromises. Yes, there are rules, but a workable solution is the best outcome for a given scenario. We compromised on our baby's bottle feeding early on because it was causing her and us a significant amount of stress trying to get her to drink from the bottle. Surely there is a compromise that can be found here.

Time to do some research. Thank God for the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment