Stock Up and Save Everything for Baby at Walmart.com!
e.l.f. cosmetics

Saturday, January 23, 2016

My Favorite Quotes About Education

Hello dear readers, and welcome back to my blog.

I'm really sorry I haven't been posting more regularly. It's been tough this week with my health AND my computer taking a shit at the same time (note to self: don't ever use beta ware. The developers need to get the kinks worked out FIRST and make it an official release). It's hard to maintain a regular blog schedule when you physically can't post anything for one reason or another. On the other hand, I finally got my RAM doubled, something I'd been needing done for a while.

I went to Linux to get away from the bugs of Windows, and I still can't get a problem-free computer!


I meant to post this yesterday, but for Day 13 of the 21 day challenge, I was asked to include some quotes. This was a bit of a tough one because my favorite quotes range from education to politics to love and sports. But, since most of my favorite quotes which I have listed on my Facebook page pertain to education, I will include those.


"To teach superstitions as truth is a most terrible thing."-Hypatia of Alexandria, on quality of education

I was something of an atheist at the time I posted my quotes from this illustrious intellectual of the past, but while I am quite religious now, there are still some lessons to be learned.

"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."-Hypatia of Alexandria, on free speech

"No brain, no headache"-Morgan Ensberg, favorite quote

Morgan Ensberg was a baseball player for the Houston Astros. I don't remember when exactly it was I heard this, but I do remember it was relayed by a baseball announcer during a game. It might even have been during a World Series championship. Either way, I was struck by its simplicity and truth-when you don't think about something, your brain doesn't hurt.

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is as well to remember that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."- Oscar Wilde


Thank you for reading this post and please don't forget to share, comment, and subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment