Stock Up and Save Everything for Baby at Walmart.com!
e.l.f. cosmetics

Monday, December 7, 2015

The Sneak Peek

Happy Monday everyone!

In what was a small screwup, my husband and I went to church tonight thinking today was the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, which is a Holy Day of Obligation (meaning you HAVE to go to church on this day), only to find that we'd just missed the Vigil Mass and that the proper Mass for it was TOMORROW. Canon Bill's novitiate assistant had screwed up the dates and Mass times when he sent out the email announcements this week. I was especially bummed, since I had taken the time to pick out a special outfit and do my makeup just right for the event. All dressed up for nothing!

But in a way, it wasn't a total waste. I now know what I'll be wearing tomorrow and how long it will take me to do my makeup so that I can prepare myself in a more leisurely fashion. I couldn't decide if I wanted to wear blue or purple; blue being Mary's color and purple being in keeping with the season of Advent. Fortunately, a bit of digging in my closet solved that problem. I'm no stranger to wearing Indian attire and last year, I inherited a deep blue Kashmiri kaftan from an elderly parishioner's late wife who was a frequent traveler to India. For the Immaculate Conception, it would be my outfit of choice, paired with a pair of black tights and a white t-shirt underneath for warmth.

My blue Kashmiri kaftan with tights and undershirt. 


All those beauty tutorials I've been binge-watching for the past week or so have begun to pay off. My makeup is much more neat with less fallout and waste. I'm still not wearing foundation in part because my skin is pretty clear, but mostly because I'm still too lazy to bother putting it on. That will need to change once I have the funds to either buy some or get the supplies to make some. I got to break out my favorite Sephora palette, my handy Coastal Scents palettes, and kept my number of brushes used down to an impressive minimum to complete this look. Yaay for efficiency!

My eyeshadow, blue of course. Contrary to what modern trends dictate, I will always be a fan of blue eyeshadow

Closeup of my blended shadows, and poorly drawn eyebrow. A step up for the world's laziest MUA, but there's still a long way to go


Thus, my complete look for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment