Stock Up and Save Everything for Baby at Walmart.com!
e.l.f. cosmetics

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

I Need a New Phone

Good evening, dear readers.

Whoever coined the phrase "when it rains, it pours wasn't totally lying. It seems like everything is breaking at once and eating up whatever money we have tried to save!

Case in point-my cellphone. My handy Samsung Galaxy SIII smartphone which I've owned for a little over 2 years, has reached the end of its useful life. The apps and major features still work, but the charging port is broken. It sucks that it had to end this way, especially since the first smartphone I ever owned died a death by broken charging port too, but two years of heavy use takes a toll on any device. In the last few weeks, I noticed that the battery was draining faster and charging itself was becoming a pain in the ass because even though I would plug the cable into the phone, the phone wasn't picking up the connection. I had to wobble the charger a bit before the connection was made, if it stayed at all. At first I thought it was just a shitty cable, but when the same problem started happening with a brand new cable, I knew something was up. My hubby then borrowed my phone for a call since I have unlimited minutes, and it wasn't registering the cable connection either when he plugged in the phone! It was now certain that my phone is living on short time.

Selfie while doing my hair. This is the end of my SIII


So now, I must look for a new phone. I checked to see how much the deductible for my phone insurance was, and it was $100. That's more than this SIII is worth! At that point, I knew it was time to explore my options.

I have just a few basic requirements when looking for a phone: a good camera (at least 8MP), support for an SD card, and a removable battery. Some nice features, though not mandatory, are a quad core processor and at least 1.5GB RAM. I really want to get the Samsung Galaxy S5 but since I refuse to pay the $400 Virgin Mobile is offering the phone for, I'm considering getting the HTC Desire 626s. My first smartphone was an HTC (it was a Thunderbolt) and it served me well despite being a colossal battery hog. I'm willing to give them a second go since HTC has had time to get their stuff together and improve their battery performance.

Next time we go to El Super to buy vegetables, I think I'll pop into the MetroPCS/Virgin Mobile store that's right next door and see what kind of deals they have on phones. I hope there are at least some working models so that I can check out the cameras and user interface. I'll even consider the iPhones, though I have objections to Apple for its proprietary software and high price. However, I do appreciate their big FU to the FBI when the agency tried to get them to put a backdoor into the San Bernadino shooter's phone because I do value my privacy.

Piss on Apple, free software forever! Pic found here


We'll see what comes of this. I don't mind going off my smartphone for a bit. I've done it once, and I can do it again

Thank you for reading this post and please don't forget to share, comment, and subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment