Stock Up and Save Everything for Baby at Walmart.com!
e.l.f. cosmetics

Friday, November 20, 2015

A Visit to the Police Station

This is a followup to a previous post.

Today, I had to go to the police station.

As I alluded to in Bad Birthday, I have been the victim of a reshipping scam. After contacting local law enforcement, they advised me to cease all contact with the scammers and reject any packages that came. I have been diligently watching out for and chasing off delivery trucks when they arrive to my home with packages that I have no record of ordering nor do I know who is the sender.

Well yesterday, while we were out running errands and making an emergency computer call, our well-meaning but idiot neighbor saw one of the delivery trucks making a delivery and signed off on a package he thought was for me as he was passing by our gate. He gave it to us when we got home, which was later that evening. After telling him off, we took the package inside and put it in a safe place to hand over to the police.

Me telling off my neighbor. By the time I was done, he understood that he was never to sign off on any packages for us


Since we'd arrived home too late to call the police non-emergency number, we contacted them this morning to ask what should be done about this package in our custody. The individual on the phone advised us to bring it in as soon as we could. I then also printed off the emails I'd received from the scam company, the tracking info about the package, as well as source info about the message showing it being suspicious.

I was surprised to see that the police station was closer than I thought. As we pulled into the visitor parking lot, I told both my husband and the baby that I hope this is the last time I have to set foot in a police station. I went inside with the package and explained my situation to the officer working at the front desk. He took the package and my printout evidence, advising us to continue our regimen of ghosting the scammers.

The trip was shorter and less unpleasant than I thought it would be. I still hope I should never have to set foot in a police station again, but it was good to know where it was just in case.

Fortunately, we ended the outing with a trip to the grocery store for some needed essentials. We also got a few jars of baby food, mostly for size for when it's time to feed baby.

Me at feeding time


And that was my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment