Stock Up and Save Everything for Baby at Walmart.com!
e.l.f. cosmetics

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Blast From the Past

Happy Wednesday, dear readers!

Today I showed my husband something I hadn't seen in years: an Orthodox Divine Liturgy!



For those of you who may not be aware, I was born and raised Eastern Orthodox (Serbian Orthodox, specifically). I formally left the Church and became Catholic in 2012, since hubby and I planned on getting married and decided it would be better to raise the children Catholic (in my custom, women traditionally follow the man's religion if she marries outside the Orthodox Church, though it sometimes swings the opposite way). Prior to 2012, however, I'd lost faith in the Orthodox Church for a number of reasons and it got to the point that even my fervent Serbian nationalism couldn't keep me in the church anymore.

I did promise my hubby that one day I would show him an Orthodox Liturgy so that he would know and see what I came from. I tried finding a Serbian liturgy on Youtube, but the clips were too short. The only full-length videoed liturgies were Greek Orthodox. Their way of conducting liturgies is slightly different than what I remember from my days as a Serbian Orthodox youth, but the basic structure is still there. Compared to the Catholic Masses I've been immersed in for the past three or four years, Orthodox Liturgies are LOOOONG! I don't find liturgies any more or less beautiful than Catholic Masses, but I regard Catholic Masses as being more authentic and "user friendly", so to speak.

Enjoy the video. Maybe this is your first time watching it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment