Stock Up and Save Everything for Baby at Walmart.com!
e.l.f. cosmetics

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Coconut Oil Conditioning

Greetings!

This morning while the baby had her morning nap, I decided to embark on an experiment-coconut oil conditioner.

Some months back, I stumbled across an article through one of my regularly frequented websites about Indian beauty treatments. Though I am not of Indian descent, I have a long standing love of India, its people, and its culture. Intrigued by the coconut oil treatment mentioned in the article, I decided to give it a try. A few weeks back, I bought a jar of coconut oil and have been using it as a facial moisturizer before bed. For the coconut oil I designated for hair care, I used an old leave-in conditioner tub which I filled about a 1/4 inch deep.

Now, I slathered the entire contents of the tub into my hair. I massaged the scalp and layered on the coconut oil on my dried out ends. I then gathered up my hair and tied it into a bun on top of my head.

I smell like a pina colada


Suffice to say, I'm pretty sure I put in too much coconut oil. I realized this when I began to feel the oil dripping down my neck and face. Note to self for future use: a little goes a long way when it comes to coconut oil. I guess my naturally-greasy face will be super moisturized from this conditioner.

Tomorrow morning, I will wash all this oil out of my hair and see how it feels. The woman in the article mentioned that her hair felt very soft after the conditioning treatment. I'd like to see how my experience compares.

No comments:

Post a Comment